8 February, 2016
It is possible to improve your brainpower and boost your cognitive capabilities legally with over the counter pills that will help you focus. This is good news for students and for many people whose work function demands long hours of constant concentration – especially those who, until now thought the only options were controlled substances that are not intended to improve cognitive power, but do have this effect.
So before you consider taking prescription pill that might help you focus, have a look at the focus pill options that are available over the counter.
Prescription Pills That Make You Focus
The best-known prescription drugs that are widely known to be focus pills include Ritalin and Adderall, both of which are commonly used to treat narcolepsy, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), and other disorders that affect attention span. Essentially what these drugs do is to artificially spike dopamine levels in the brain and create a perception of mental focus. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter and it is very effective in generating mental clarity and a general feeling of motivation. However, a lot of people suffer from side effects and there is a very real risk of becoming dependent to these drugs. Alarmingly, both have also been known to cause sudden death in people with high blood pressure, heart disease or heart defects.
Adderall contains amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, both powerful central nervous system stimulants. While very effective for controlling hyperactivity and other impulses, it can be addictive.
Ritalin contains methylphenidate, which is also a central nervous system stimulant that works the same way as Adderall, and can also be habit-forming.
Another prescription drug that has become very popular with students who need to focus and stay awake is Modafinil. It was originally developed to treat narcolepsy (which causes excessive sleepiness), but is now prescribed by doctors for many other conditions, including depression. Its popularity is largely due to the fact that it isn’t a conventional stimulant, but has been found by researchers to be incredibly useful to students needing to stay focused and awake while preparing for exams. Modafinil (sold as Provigil) is a “eugeroic” drug that improves alertness and wakefulness by increasing cortical levels of catecholamine that exists naturally in the brain. It may not be taken by anyone under the age of 17, even though is has a fairly low potential for being abused, and has no serious side effects.
Modafinil (sold as Provigil) is a “eugeroic” drug that improves alertness and wakefulness by increasing cortical levels of catecholamine that exists naturally in the brain. It may not be taken by anyone under the age of 17, even though is has a fairly low potential for being abused, and has no serious side effects.
Over the Counter Pills That Make You Focus
Brain focus pills that you can buy over the counter do not contain amphetamines and other central nervous system stimulants. Known as nootropics (or smart drugs), they also act as neurotransmitters, but without the “spike.” In fact many nootropics naturally transform into neurochemicals that already occur in the brain.
Safe, legal brain focus pills include eugeroics that do not require a prescription, as well as racetams and other mental focus pills and supplements that can be taken together in what is known as a “stack.” These are some of the best.
Adrafinil is a eugeroic, and undoubtedly the best known and most popular of all over the counter focus pills. Like Modafinil, it was developed to treat narcolepsy. It works through the liver and affects the section of the nervous system that releases epinephrine – or adrenalin – increasing energy levels and boosting alertness. Cognitive capabilities are also heightened. While Adrafinil has a similar effect to amphetamines, it comes without the risk of dependency and doesn’t have a negative effect on the body’s normal sleeping patterns. It is considerably more effective than energy drinks or coffee, which both contain caffeine. Only minor side effects have been reported.
Vitamin B also plays an important role in terms of enhancing focus. In fact both thiamine (vitamin B1) and niacin (vitamin B3) are essential for brain function and sleep cycles, as well as cellular metabolism. Some of the B vitamins are able to metabolize into acetylcholine (see below). But just taking the kinds of Vitamin B supplements that are on the shelves won’t do the trick on their own. A much more effective measure is to take Piracetam, a nootropic supplement that contains B vitamins. Many people have found that taking Piracetam with a good quality vitamin B-complex is an even better option.
Piracetam (known also as Nootropyl and Nootropil) is a racetam that increases neurotransmitter levels in the brain. Very popular with students who need to cram for tests or exams, it is also taken long-term to increase production of brain cells, improving overall mental capacity, improving focus, reasoning and cognition, perception and alertness, and concentration. It also lessens mental fatigue and helps support memory. A big plus is that it is totally non-toxic, however it isn’t as potent as some other racetams, and some users get headaches when they take it. Piracetam is available without a prescription in the US and Canada, but in the UK and Australia a prescription is required.
Aniracetam is a very potent ampakine that activates the AMPA receptors that regulate synaptic transmissions. The result is an ability to concentrate for a longer period of time, making it one the top pills to help you focus. In addition to enabling a longer attention span, Aniracetam minimizes anxiety and is an excellent anti-depressant.
Choline supplements are also regarded as focus factor pills. By boosting choline levels, they indirectly boost acetylcholine in the brain. A natural neurotransmitter that is related to the general health of neural tissue, logical reasoning, as well as reaction to various stimuli, acetylcholine stimulates the growth of synapses and neurons in the nervous system. Because acetylcholine cannot be directly supplemented, the simplest way to balance its levels is to use a choline supplement. Even though formulations vary, choline generally boosts memory function and gets rid of brain fog, enabling one to focus more effectively.
L-phenylalanine and L-tyrosine are both dopaminergics that interact with dopamine (which is a neurotransmitter) receptor sites, effectively increasing mental energy and improving concentration. Generally dopaminergics provoke the same recreations as dopamine, but they don’t cause a spike in the system.
The Best Focus Pills
If you are looking for focus pills, you're most likely seeking supplementation that will allow you to help boost your productivity and become more efficient in completing your tasks.
While there are a number of drugs that will stimulate focus, some have negative side effects. For this reason it is better, and considerably safer, to opt for safe nootropics. At the very least, start with a safe nootropic before adding more substances (known as stacking).
Available since the 1960s, nootropics will improve brain function and “inter-neuronal communication” without stimulating the central nervous system. You can be sure they will boost your learning retention abilities, and will also improve your memory capabilities.
These five focus pills are considered by many people to be the best:
1. Limidax is an all-natural nootropic and a very popular concentration supplement. Unlike the other capsules/pills listed here, Limidax XR is entirely natural and safe. Limidax XR is a Doctor-Trusted, independently reviewed, all-natural concentration, focus, and memory boost solution that we recommened that you should check out. Limidax contains ten powerful nootropic ingredients, including both an immediete release and extended release component. With microencapsulation, the short term effects of Limidax last up to 12 hours. Limidax also contains ingredients with clinically shown long-term benefits.
2. Piracetam is regarded as the original nootropic, Piracetam is considered by some as well researched and has studies that point to its ability to modulate neurotransmitter acetylcholine. It may also increases the intake of oxygen to brain cells, improving brain energy, mental clarity, focus, and concentration.
3. Oxiracetam is a derivative of Piracetam, Oxiracetam is about five times stronger and, as such, a lot more powerful. Particularly popular with MBA, engineering and science students, it is considered to be a logic enhancer that improves memory and attentiveness. Not only is it fantastic for improving concentration, but it is also said to make thought processes much more fluid.
4. Phenylpiracetam is sixty times stronger than the original Piracetam, Phenylpiracetam acts like a powerful stimulant, even though it is also a nootropic. Taking it has a similar effect to taking stimulants, though motivation is said to be much more intense. By adding “a Phenyl ring” to the drug, developers made it possible for the compound to cross the so-called blood-brain barrier more effectively, which enables it to penetrate the central nervous system more quickly and work faster.
5. Noopept is incredibly, more than 1,000 times stronger than piracetam. Sold as a prescription drug in some countries.
6. Adrafinil is said to be the “pro-drug” to the prescription drug Modafinil, Adrafinil is considerably cheaper and has the same (or very similar) effects. Like other nootropics, it will enable you to concentrate, focus, and basically improve your brainpower exponentially. While the risks and side effects are nothing like those of Adderall or Ritalin (see below,) it should not be used constantly, or even frequently.