Being able to concentrate when you study for long periods of time isn’t easy. In fact, generally speaking, concentration is a challenge to most of us. So it isn’t surprising that a growing number of students, employees, and entrepreneurs are in the market for something safe that they can use to improve concentration, without risking harmful side effects – namely pills for concentration and memory.
It also isn’t surprising to learn that there is a growing choice when it comes to cognitive enhancement supplements that can help us concentrate by enabling us to focus better, improve our mood, and generally keep us going for longer.
But what exactly is concentration, and how does a concentration pill work?
Generally described as an executive function or “endogenous attention,” concentration is controlled by a section of the brain that is in front, and is known scientifically as the anterior cingulate cortex. Ultimately it’s a neurological state where your brain functions really well because the systems that enables you to process information sent to the brain, and recognize associations, is enabling you to pay attention and control your thoughts. A number of neurotransmitters and neurochemicals play a very important role, and when working at peak, your system will be able to regulate its motivation and mental drive, and ignore things that might normally be distracting.
The Way Concentration Pills Work
Generally, nootropic supplements that increase our capacity to concentrate, work by interacting with natural chemicals in the brain. The brain’s natural neurochemicals that have an effect include dopamine, epinephrine, norepinephrine and serotonin, as well as acetylcholine and glutamate that help our memories to form and play and important role in our ability to reason.
If you are able to stimulate the brain to increase its receptiveness, you will be able to improve your concentration. It’s that simple.
Essentially nootropic concentration pills (a type of smart drug) mimic the affect of natural neurochemicals, enabling us to focus and concentrate, and get the best out of the effort we make when we work or study. While some supplements inhibit us, others excite us; but all of them effectively communicate via synaptic pathways that are positioned between neutrons in the brain.
Another form of concentration pill achieves focus by getting rid of anxiety and stress. Even though they aren’t marketed as “concentration pills” (but rather as anti-anxiety medication), they can also be very effective.
Concentration Pills Over-the-Counter
If you’re looking for a concentration supplement to help you study or pills to help you concentrate, it is advisable to choose a legal product that is available over-the-counter (OTC). The most popular types are categorized as racetams that work by stimulating receptors for the neurotransmitter, acetylcholine, improving brain function. They include Adrafinil, Noopept, Piracetam, Pramiracetam, Phenylopiracetum and Adrafinil (see below.)
The Best Concentration Pills
If you are looking for concentration pills, you are likely looking for supplements that will help to improve productivity and be effective in terms of enhancing brain activity. While there are a number of drugs that will stimulate concentration, some have negative side effects. For this reason it is better, and considerably safer, to opt for nootropics that are proven to be non-stimulant substances.
Available since the 1960s, nootropics will improve brain function and “inter-neuronal communication” without stimulating the central nervous system. You can be sure they will boost your learning retention abilities, and will also improve your memory capabilities.
These five concentration pills are considered by many people to be the best:
1. Limidax is an all-natural nootropic and a very popular concentration supplement. Unlike the other capsules/pills listed here, Limidax XR is entirely natural and safe. Limidax XR is a Doctor-Trusted, independently reviewed, all-natural concentration, focus, and memory boost solution that we recommened that you should check out. Limidax contains ten powerful nootropic ingredients, including both an immediete release and extended release component. With microencapsulation, the short term effects of Limidax last up to 12 hours. Limidax also contains ingredients with clinically shown long-term benefits.
2. Piracetam is regarded as the original nootropic, Piracetam is considered by some as well researched and has studies that point to its ability to modulate neurotransmitter acetylcholine. It may also increases the intake of oxygen to brain cells, improving brain energy, mental clarity, focus, and concentration.
3. Oxiracetam is a derivative of Piracetam, Oxiracetam is about five times stronger and, as such, a lot more powerful. Particularly popular with MBA, engineering and science students, it is considered to be a logic enhancer that improves memory and attentiveness. Not only is it fantastic for improving concentration, but it is also said to make thought processes much more fluid.
4. Phenylpiracetam is sixty times stronger than the original Piracetam, Phenylpiracetam acts like a powerful stimulant, even though it is also a nootropic. Taking it has a similar effect to taking stimulants, though motivation is said to be much more intense. By adding “a Phenyl ring” to the drug, developers made it possible for the compound to cross the so-called blood-brain barrier more effectively, which enables it to penetrate the central nervous system more quickly and work faster.
5. Noopept is incredibly, more than 1,000 times stronger than piracetam. Sold as a prescription drug in some countries.
6. Adrafinil is said to be the “pro-drug” to the prescription drug Modafinil, Adrafinil is considerably cheaper and has the same (or very similar) effects. Like other nootropics, it will enable you to concentrate, focus, and basically improve your brainpower exponentially. While the risks and side effects are nothing like those of Adderall or Ritalin (see below,) it should not be used constantly, or even frequently.
Herbal Pills That Help You Concentrate
There are a number of herbal supplements that have been used for centuries to improve memory and overall cognitive function. These include Ginkgo Biloba that is understood to increase the flow of blood to the brain and prevent degeneration of tissue in the brain. Apart from being a popular choice for increasing focus and improving concentration, it is used to help people with memory loss caused by Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Even though herbal concentration pills are preferred by some people, there is generally less proof of their efficacy when compared to racetams and other OTC concentration supplements. Circumspect is advised when taking Adrafinil.
Risks and Side Effects of Concentration Pills
There are more than 100 nootropic supplements on the market that are known to improve mental focus and concentration, most of which are created in such a way that they facilitate and balance chemical mechanisms that exist naturally in the brain. Even though concentration pills aren’t all the same in terms of their makeup, there are very few reports of side effects or risks. Even Noopept, which is one of the strongest concentration pills on the market, has enormous benefits without any risks, and only minor side effects experienced by a few people.
There are also very strong synthetic pills available on prescription only that improve concentration, including Ritalin and Adderall. The reason these drugs are “controlled substances” is because they can have quite bad side effects, and carry significant risks including long-term health problems. Instead of relying on neurochemicals that are already present in the brain, prescription drugs that aid concentration generally rely on amphetamines and other harsh stimulants that enable user to focus by spiking dopamine levels. Generally they are intended for people who suffer from chronic disorders that affect their ability to concentrate, including Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
The good news is that there are nootropic supplements that have the positive effects of Ritalin- and Adderall-type drugs, including Piracetam that produces natural energy and an incredible focused mental state, without any harmful effects.